The NCBA has surveyed the Division II member teams regarding the possibility of playing fall conference games due to COVID-19 restrictions. We have heard from approximately 80% of the NCBA DII membership and only 6 teams have reported that they are allowed to compete this fall in some capacity. Coincidentally, of those six teams, three are from one conference and the other three are from other conferences. Given this information, we will be tentatively scheduling conference games for those teams this fall. For the rest of Division II, the 20-21 season will be spring-only. That being said, we are going to be delaying the scheduling of the spring-only conference games till late fall semester. We will be reaching out to our teams again in late October to reevaluate everyone’s status regarding spring competition with the goal of releasing the spring schedules by the end of November. This goal may change based upon the results of our October evaluations.
During this time we will continue to recruit new teams to join the NCBA for spring participation as we have had several teams interested in joining but delayed their registration as they awaited to find out if they would be allowed to compete during the fall semester.